Monday, July 28, 2008

Everybody's just a stranger.

I can really hit the nail on the fucking head when I want to.  I reread the last two posts, and Ive realised that Im not the only one whos good at realising, either. My attempts to put  a "___ says" in all of the posts really made me realise how wise how wise the people around me are. I wish I fully realised the wisdom at the moment of speech.

One summer later, Im still stuck in the cycle. Im heading off to school in the fall, im typing on my new mac, and im coming to conclusions i shouldve realised a damn year ago.

English with Mr.Stacey has taught me that if you have a friendship, its up to you not to let it die. It takes two people. Make the effort, and let the other person do what they want with it. Maybe thats part of the reason I couldnt understand some of the walls breaking a bit on me, this year. God knows Ill lose touch with some people, but Im going to do my damndest not to let it be my fault.

Erika said one year ago, that we arent all friends- we're all just pretending. Im starting to see how true that is. I know I'm losing and have lost touch with some wonderful people, but theres still time. "It's goodbye, but we still have one more night. Lets get drunk and drive around, and make peace with this empty town. We'll feel so alive".

Next year, Im heading off to the island alone. I can start all over, if I want to. Im terrified, and ready to take the step. Aaron says its part of growing up, but Ive never been fond of the idea. Even though we're the "shitty little city of the east", I actually think Ill miss the SJ.

Ben told Katelyn he was dying. He lied straight to her face. 
Chris blew up at me when I went out with Katelyn, because he didnt know she might have cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks